DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
The capital is Brazzaville. It borders with Gabon, Cameroon, Central African Republic, and Angola. The official language is French and other Bantu languages. Half of the population is Catholic, the rest are animist cults and Muslims and make up 2% of the population.
The situation in Congo is tense and volatile, so a visit to the country is not recommended. If you still have to go, follow these recommendations:
- The visa is obligatory.
- Do not visit the province of Kasai Central.
- Avoid borders.
- Avoid any agglomeration and especially those of political character, squares or commercial center.
- Avoid transfers at night.
- Inform yourself of the news of the country.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months when you enter and until you leave.
- Travel with a small first aid kit.
- You must have medical expenses insurance with coverage abroad.
- Always keep your passport in sight and make physical and digital copies of your documents.
- Do not drink alcohol in public as it is punishable.
- Be discreet when dressing and behaving.
- Drink only bottled water.
Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory. In addition, you must have the next day's vaccination:
- Hepatitis A
- Typhoid fever
It is also important to follow malaria treatment before visiting the place.