Its capital is Dodoma. It borders with Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique. The official languages are Swahili and English and there are numerous tribal languages. The main religion is Muslim, Christian and Hindu. There is also a strong presence of traditional beliefs.
- The visa is an obligatory procedure.
- Tanzania has two rainy and two dry seasons.
- Bring mosquito repellent and mosquito netting if you go ashore or sleep outdoors.
- The current is 220V.
- The plugs are three thick plugs.
- Leave your important personal belongings in the hotel safes or padlocked.
- It is advisable to be discreet and refrain from public displays of affection.
- Buy a good travel insurance with wide coverage.
Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory only for travelers from countries where the disease is endemic or at risk. The recommended vaccines are:
- Hepatitis A y B
- Typhoid fever
It is advisable to take malaria treatment as it is risky all year round in that country.